We are proud members of the International Association of Conference Interpreters (AIIC), the global association of high-level professional interpreters.
Established in 1953, AIIC is headquartered in Geneva and has 3,000 members in 100 different countries.
As the professional association governing the profession of conference interpreting, AIIC:
- sets standards for the profession
- admits members through a strict system of peer review
- is officially recognized by the United Nations, European Union, and all major international organizations that rely on simultaneous interpretation.
The badge of highest quality
AIIC membership is a mark of the highest quality and expertise in the field of professional conference interpreting.
Admission to the association is based on a strict peer review process. Interpreters are carefully vetted by qualified senior members for their:
- complete mastery of working languages
- technical competence in simultaneous and consecutive interpreting
- solid track record of quality and professionalism.
Upon joining the association, interpreters commit to the highest professional standards and are bound by strict rules of ethical conduct, including complete professional secrecy.
Unique in China
Sinophone is the only full-service professional interpretation firm in China that is owned and managed by AIIC interpreters.
Sinophone's interpreters work to international standards, and are bound the strict provisions on integrity, professionalism and confidentiality laid down in the AIIC Code of Professional Ethics and the AIIC Professional Standards.