Our Managing Director
Andrew Dawrant (杜蕴德) is the Managing Director and Chief Interpreter of Sinophone Interpretation.
- Professional Chinese/English interpreter with 15+ years of experience at the international level.
- Active member of the International Association of Conference Interpreters (AIIC) since 1999, accredited with the United Nations and other international organizations.
- Experienced trainer of Chinese-language conference interpreters at postgraduate level. Served as Professor and Chair, Department of Conference Interpretation, Shanghai International Studies University from 2003 to 2011.
- Simultaneous interpretation for the President of the United States, the Prime Minister of Canada, and the President of the European Commission during their visits to China.
- Consecutive and simultaneous interpretation for the US-China Strategic & Economic Dialogue, and for numerous ministerial-level bilateral meetings.
- Consecutive and simultaneous interpretation for Fortune 500 CEOs during their China visits, including those of IBM, Walmart, Procter & Gamble, PepsiCo, MetLife, FedEx, NYSE Euronext, HP, Philips, Merrill Lynch, Barclays, Munich Re, Roche, Tesco, BT Group, and others.
- Simultaneous interpretation for ministerial meetings of the United Nations, G8/G20, International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), World Bank, World Economic Forum, Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO), Association of South-East Asian Nations (ASEAN), ASEM, and others.
Shanghai Daily: “Dawrant is one of the world’s most sought-after English-Chinese interpreters.”
Globe and Mail: “Andrew Dawrant is widely considered the top Chinese-English language interpreter working in China today.”
China Daily: “Andrew C. Dawrant…has won wide renown in his chosen field. The Canadian national has provided his skills to CEOs, Nobel Prize winners and politicians, the high point being his work at former US president George W. Bush's speech at Tsinghua University…. When Dawrant speaks in Mandarin, many of those listening would be hard pushed to believe he is not a native speaker.”
- PhD studies – Conference Interpreting Research, Shanghai International Studies University, 2006-2011.
- MA in Translation and Interpretation Studies, Fu Jen University, Taipei, 1994-1996.
- Professional Diploma (Honours) in Conference Interpreting (A: English, B: Chinese), Fu Jen University, 1994-1996.
- BA in East Asian Studies, University of Alberta, Canada, 1988-1993.
Andrew Dawrant (杜蕴德)
Sinophone Interpretation 昇诺同传
58 Taicang Lu, 2/F
Shanghai, China 200021
Tel: (+8621) 6253 3755
Fax: (+8621) 5102 8098